Thankfulness for SOMETHING
Today has been a rough day, folks. Not gonna lie. The nausea and extreme flu-like fatigue that I’m experiencing since getting unhooked today has been the worst it’s ever been.
Chemo is going to start getting super hard to get through.
Obviously it’s tough to think of something positive to be thankful for in this moment. But I have to work through it. I have a job to do, which is to stay consistent with this 365 Days of Thankfulness thing. It’s my way of doing my darndest to stay positive while at the same time documenting this 2nd bout with cancer.
Hmmmm… What to be thankful for…
1) I took a nice long shower today.
2) The Reno Tahoe Tonight Show was really fun and not taxing on my body today.
3) I have plenty of money as I stand right now to get through 3-4 more months. Big Sigh.
4) I get to have another sleepover on a school night with Alecia Lint. She is lovingly called “My Thursday Girl.”
5) I get to eat some Noble Pie Parlor pizza as soon as it gets here.
6) I don’t have any responsibilities tomorrow except to rest and take care of myself.
7) Teresa Wood will be here tomorrow evening.
8) My house cleaner came today and made my place shiny.
Well, that wasn’t so hard. 8 things that I’m thankful for today in the middle of feeling like a steaming pile of ka-ka.
Being intentionally thankful each day really helps. I feel a twinge bit better, at least for now.
Love, Consistency + Persistence = Persistency