That’s it. I’m actually going to write a post with a little anger behind it.
Generally, I try to keep all of my posts super positive, as you can tell if you’ve ever read anything we’ve written here. Our main goal with this blog is to encourage, but maybe through what I’m about to say, you will backhandedly be encouraged.
I’ve been receiving some negative feedback lately in comments and emails to Samesides about my changed stance on homosexuality. It’s a super hot button right now, which is fine, but I think because our story is branching out into local and national publications, the trollers are starting to pick us up on their radar.
I’m learning to not get butt-hurt, which is tough for me because I’m a people-pleaser at heart.
I have heard in some form or another several times recently that our children appear happy, or that it’s fake happiness. Apparently this is because Maddie, Kate and Thomas have two gay daddies and myself, a fairly recent Ally. God’s Word has been used against us, sometimes in subtle ways that I know is written from the heart of people who probably really do care. Other times, it’s been downright nasty and overtly judgmental.
And I mean “whatever” as in kiss my big white butt.
I’m sorry… Have you lived my life? Have you talked with my children? Has your husband or child ever come out of the closet? If you can answer yes to any of these questions, then maybe we can have an adult conversation about this. Otherwise, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Period.
I’m guessing, if you don’t surround and shelter yourself with people who are exactly like you in every way, which is many people’s want, you know people who are in:
1) heterosexual marriages that are happy and healthy with amazing children. Christian or not.
2) heterosexual marriages that are happy and healthy with screwed up kids. Christian or not.
3) single-parent families with children who are happy and healthy. Christian or not.
4) single-parent families with children who are royally screwed up. Christian or not.
5) same-sex parents with children who are happy and healthy. Christian or not.
6) same-sex parents with children who are royally screwed up. Christian or not.
7) divorced parents with children who are happy and healthy. Christian or not.
8) divorced parents with children who are screwed up. Christian or not.
9) Do you get my point? You should. Otherwise, stop reading right now. And don’t even bother commenting. It’s my blog and I can block you and your comments forever and ever. Amen.
I’m not even going to discuss gay marriage right now. I don’t really care what anyone thinks of it, simply because why the hell does it matter if people do or don’t get married? Let people get married if they want to. Marriage ain’t easy, and divorce really sucks. No matter who you are. It can also be wonderful, so have at it.
And don’t give me that “brothers are going to start marrying brothers” or “men are going to start marrying little boys” thing. That’s an argument? Aren’t things legislated in this country? That will NEVER pass. It’s gross and everyone knows it. If you think two men or two women together is gross, then that’s your own personal idea. Don’t do it then.
As a side note, most pedophiles identify as heterosexual. Case closed.
The Ward and June Cleaver thing. It’s good. Seriously. I came from a great traditional home and I turned out awesome. My parents are still together, love each other, love us, and it’s beautiful.
But so is my life now. It’s beautiful. My kids are turning out awesome. And… they have two dads and me, Wonder Woman.
Will my kids make mistakes? SURE. I did. Could my kids turn out royally screwed up? I hope not, but they could.
But what does that have to do with our parental situation? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
So let’s just say it like it is, trollers. You think being gay is wrong. Perverse. Against God. Going to hell.
As In, Kiss My Big White Butt,